March 22, 2009

Goals

I have been out of full-time work since May of last year. I was with the company for over 9 years and have moved up within the sales division but when the economy took a downturn last spring a couple of our major clients cut back and in turn the company had to cut back. I believe I have the experience and knowledge to take on a position of management and/or leadership within a organization but I do not have the degree that confirms that. My goal for this degree is to further my understanding and grasp of management styles and teamwork within an organization to make myself more marketable within my job. I currently work in a non-profit organization on a part-time basis and would like the opportunity to possible do more within the organization and I believe a Bachelors of Science in Management would give me more to contribute to the overall success of the organization. This degree and class format also gives me the ability to analyze some viewpoints I have on how a team interacts and the benefits and drawbacks to the team of that interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment