September 6, 2009

Questioning Religion

As a pastor I am very open to discussing religious beliefs because it helps me to develop a deeper understanding and appreciation for the uniqueness of each of us as individuals. An open discussion that gives differing sides an opportunity to share and discuss is a great benefit to furthering the understanding and appreciation of different religions, cultures and races. For many people who claim to have an open mind and then proceed to defame and disgrace their beliefs through their actions are the few who give religion a bad name.

A mentor of mine always said, 'Anyone who claims to have all the answers won't let you ask all the questions.' I verify anything I question of what others have told me and expect others to do the same of what I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment